A man has been jailed for repeatedly breaching a restraining order imposed to protect a victim
Teo Weston was made the subject of a 10-year restraining order at Canterbury Crown Court in April 2020 after he admitted putting the woman in fear of violence. The court order prohibited him from contacting the victim directly or indirectly or entering her street in Margate. Despite the order, Weston attended the street on 2 […]
A jail term has been imposed on a man who raped a woman at a beer festival
Parrie Jacob attacked the victim in a portable toilet at the event in Mersham in July 2019. The 24-year-old, formerly of Herons Way, Hythe, was arrested on the same night and was later charged with rape. Following a trial at Canterbury Crown Court, Jacob was found guilty of that charge and was jailed for seven […]
Thirty-three arrests were made and more than £20,000 cash recovered as part of an operation targeting the supply of class A drugs in Kent
Seven weapons were also seized and 57 charges authorised during the national county lines intensification week, which ran from 7-11 March 2022. A county line is a term used to describe gangs and organised criminal networks involved in exporting illegal substances into other counties, using dedicated mobile phone lines to sell their products. They often […]
A Lancashire man has been jailed for repeatedly raping and sexually assaulting two young children
Nigel Turner, 72, from Morecambe, was arrested by National Crime Agency officers in November 2021, after he distributed multiple indecent images of the children (IIOC) via an online messaging app. Some of the images, which he shared using an account created with a false name, showed him sexually abusing one of the children. When arresting […]
A murderer who kicked a 20-year-old girl to death because she was dressed as a Goth is to be freed from prison
Ryan Herbert was aged 16 when he was jailed for life in 2008 for murdering Sophie Lancaster in a park in Bacup, Lancashire. The Parole Board decided Herbert can now be released on licence. Reacting to the decision, Sophie’s mother, Sylvia Lancaster, told BBC News: “Once again we have a justice system that fails to […]
A second man has been convicted of manslaughter for his role in a violent incident which led to the killing of Augustus Fenton in Southall
The Met’s murder investigation continues, and detectives have named three other men whom they wish to trace. Ilyaas Maalin, 23, of no fixed address but from the Southall area, was arrested in Holland on 29 May 2019 and extradited back to the UK on 11 March 2021 At a previous hearing he pleaded guilty to […]
A Metropolitan Police officer accused of a string of sex offences has been charged with additional offences including rape
David Carrick, of Hertfordshire, has been charged with 12 further offences, bringing the total to 41. Some of the charges relate to three new complainants and allegedly took place between 2003 and 2015. The 47-year-old denied 20 of the charges in court in December. The Crown Prosecution Service said the latest charges were two counts […]
A woman accused of murdering her five-year-old son searched for news articles about him in the hours after he was found dead, a court has heard
Cardiff Crown Court was told Angharad Williamson searched for “five-year-old dead Bridgend” twice that evening. Jurors heard an account linked to Ms Williamson was used to search a number of news websites. The 30-year-old, her partner John Cole, 40, and a 14-year-old who cannot be named, deny murdering Logan Mwangi. His remains were discovered in […]
Forty-six charges have been authorised against one man following an investigation by Kent Police’s Chief Constable’s Crime Squad
At around 11pm on Saturday 12 March 2022, the force received several reports which stated a man had been seen burgling, or attempting to enter, properties in the Jellicoe Avenue and Whitehill Road area of Gravesend. Craig Graham was detained on suspicion of the offences and taken into custody after a search […]
Detectives investigating the death of a teenage boy in Chadwell Heath have charged a man with murder
Carlton Tanueh, 18, of no fixed address, was also charged with two counts of being in possession of an offensive weapon. He will appear in custody at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, 16 March. Police were called at 15:55hrs on Monday, 14 March to reports of a stabbing on board a Route 173 bus […]