Police Cordons in Place After Woman, 18, Stabbed in Wealdstone

Murder Investigation Launched as Woman’s Body Found in Hampshire House

In a developing incident this evening, multiple police cars and ambulances have descended upon Masons Avenue in Wealdstone following reports of a stabbing involving a young woman, believed to be 18 years old. The harrowing incident unfolded at the end of Masons Avenue, near the bridge and in close proximity to Wealdstone High Street. A […]

Marine Police Search River Thames for Acid Attack Suspect

Marine Police Search River Thames for Acid Attack Suspect – UKNIP

Marine police are trawling the River Thames as they believe “acid attack” suspect Abdul Ezedi may be in the water.

The last confirmed sighting of Ezedi was crossing over Chelsea Bridge shortly before 11.30pm on January 31, the night of the acid attack in Clapham which left a mother and her two children badly injured.

The Metropolitan Police said Ezedi might also have been injured in the attack and be in “an extraordinary amount of pain”.

MOST READ: ‘So much destruction’ – Hedge torn down to make way for tennis courts

They said its marine policing unit will be carrying out boat searches at low tide over the coming days.

Officers have combed CCTV footage which shows Ezedi disappearing from view.

The Met’s specialist team have spent the last 24 hours obtaining more footage of the area, including from passing buses, to try and establish what has happened.

Commander Jon Savell said: “Our enquiries continue but we have been very closely following all the available evidence for the past week and indications are now that Ezedi entered the water.

“We have tracked him since the moment the attack happened walking for four hours through London, in the main hugging the river.

“He is a man who had just carried out the most horrific attack, and was suffering from significant injuries himself which must have been causing him an extraordinary amount of pain.

“It is just over four miles from Tower Hill, where he was seen leaving the tube station, to Chelsea Bridge.

“He walks purposefully. Halfway across Chelsea Bridge he pauses and paces back and forth towards the railings, as well as looking over them, this is a change in behaviour. Then he is lost from sight.”

He said the Met has been closely liaising with experts through the National Crime Agency who have also considered this latest information.

“At that time of night, at this time of year, and entering the water from the middle of a bridge at height, the chances of Ezedi surviving are extremely remote.

“The Thames current is very strong which is an additional factor.

“Our Marine Policing Unit will be carrying out boat searches at low tide in the area over the coming days. We have not recovered a body at this stage.”

Ezedi’s family has been updated with these latest developments and they are being supported by a specialist family liaison officer.

“Notwithstanding the horrific crime Ezedi committed, his family undoubtedly will be struggling to come to terms with the events of the last week and this latest development,” Commander Savell added.

“We still have some enquiries to complete. But having looked at all the possible camera angles, we are as satisfied as we can be at this stage about what has happened to Ezedi.

”Our team of detectives will continue with a range of other enquiries to be as certain as we can about the exact events of that night.”

Around 500 people across the county have called police with information about Ezedi and his possible whereabouts since the incident happened.

Commander Savell added: “We remain immensely grateful to all those who called – the public support for our investigation has been tremendous and I want to thank all those who helped.

“Our thoughts are also with the 31-year-old woman who remains in a critical but stable condition sedated in hospital on her long road to recovery.”

Firefighters Tackle Flat Fire in Deal

Multi-Vehicle Crash on A2 Near Canterbury: Emergency Services Respond to Major Incident

Kent Fire and Rescue Service responded to reports of a flat fire in St Leonards Road, Deal, on Saturday, February 10, 2024, prompting a swift and coordinated emergency response. The alarm was raised at just before 7pm leading to the deployment of three fire engines to the scene. Firefighters, equipped with essential breathing apparatus, swiftly […]

Woman Charged with Attempted Murder in Sussex Poisoning Case

Mother Jailed for 16 Years After Attempting to Kill Her Two Children in ‘Revenge’ for Husband’s Affair

A woman has been charged with attempted murder following a suspected poisoning incident in Sussex, sending shockwaves through the local community. Jilumol George, aged 38, residing at Hunters Way, Uckfield, was arrested and subsequently charged with two counts of attempted murder, along with two counts of administering poison with the intent to endanger life or […]

Police Constable Christine Anderson Commended for Life-Saving Actions in Goodmayes

Police Constable Christine Anderson Commended for Life-Saving Actions in Goodmayes

In a commendable display of courage and quick thinking, Police Constable Christine Anderson has been lauded for her heroic efforts in saving a man’s life after he collapsed in the street in Goodmayes. Constable Anderson’s swift actions proved instrumental in ensuring the man’s survival as she worked tirelessly to keep him breathing until further assistance […]

Fire Engulfs Commercial Premises in Dartford

Serious Car Crash in Canterbury: One Person Rescued and Treated by Paramedics

Kent Fire and Rescue Service swiftly responded to reports of a fire at commercial premises on Lowfield Street, Dartford, in the early hours of Saturday, February 10, 2024. The alarm was raised at 1.43am, prompting the dispatch of four fire engines to the scene. Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatuses worked diligently to combat the blaze, […]

An investigation has been launched following a stabbing in Green Lane, Ilford

An investigation has been launched following a stabbing in Green Lane, Ilford

We were called to the area at about 07:13hrs on Saturday, 10 February following reports that a man, aged in his 20s was suffering with stab wounds. He was taken to hospital for treatment, where he remains. His injuries have been assessed as not life threatening. At this early stage there have been no arrests […]

Teenager Arrested with Machete Following Police Chase in Dulwich South East London

Teenager Arrested with Machete Following Police Chase in Dulwich South East London

A dramatic police chase unfolded in the streets of Southeast London, ending in the arrest of a teenager found in possession of a large machete. The incident, which involved a short pursuit through the backstreets, began when officers from the Metropolitan Police’s targeted crime team spotted the male suspect around 4pm on Saturday 10th February […]